Welcome to the GENTLE MONSTER website
This policy shall be effective from February 13, 2022.
1. THE PURPOSE OF COLLECTING AND USING THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
2. CURRENT STATE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DATA
3. PROCESSING AND RETENTION PERIOD OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4. PROVISION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD-PARTY
5. CONSIGNMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION PROCESSING
6. RIGHTS OF THE USER AND THE LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE, HOW TO EXERCISE THE RIGHTS
7. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION UNDER 14 AGES
8. PROCEDURE AND METHOD FOR DESTROYING PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. INSTALLATION, OPERATION, AND REJECTION OF AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
10. PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION OFFICER
12. SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. The purpose of collecting and using the personal information
The personal information collected will not be processed for any purpose other than the following purposes. If any changes occur, we will inform you in advance and ensure you agree with them.
i) Membership registration and management
The personal information you provide shall be used to verify the membership registration, give various notification, and handle complaints.
ii) Deal with complaints
The personal information you provide shall be used to identify individuals, verify complaints, and to contact and notify the results for an in-depth investigation.
iii) Provision of services or products
The personal information you provide shall be used for shipping the products, providing service including game, repairing the products, certifying the genuine product, etc., providing contents (newsletter, notification for stock), sending invoice, and making payments.
iv) Marketing and advertising
The personal information you provide shall be used for new service(product) development and provision of customized service, advertising information including event and offer opportunity to participate as well as understanding the frequency of access or statistics on the use of services by members.
2. Current state of personal information data
1) Items of personal information
Name, E-mail address, Phone number, Password, Gender, Birthdate, Resident country and CI(Connecting Information)
|[Registered through Google or Facebook]
Log-in ID, Name, E-mail address, Phone number, Gender, Birthdate and CI(Connecting Information)
|Provision of services or products
||Name, E-mail address, Phone number, Shipping and billing address and Order No.
|Deal with complaints
||Name, E-mail address, Phone number, Shipping and billing address, Gender, Resident country, Shopping (service usage) history, Payment history and Inquiries
||Credit card details, Bank account details and CI(Connecting Information)
|Personal Information automatically generated and collected on our website
||Accessed log, Cookies, IP address, Payment history and Membership limitation history
||Name, Shipping and billing history and Bank account details
|Marketing and advertising
||Name, E-mail address, Phone number, Birthdate, Cookies, IP address and CI(Connecting Information)
2) Collecting methods
We collect personal information in the following ways:
i) When you access and use the services on GENTLE MONSTER website
ii) When you use Contact Us, download materials:
iii) Provided by the self-verification agency or an associate company
iv) Through the tools and cookies that collect the generated information
3. Processing and retention period of personal information
1) We only retain and use the personal information during the period agreed by users when we are collecting the personal information, or until the membership is withdrawn, terminated or expired.
2) We destroy or store/manage the personal information of any user who have not used information and communications services for one year, separately from other user’s personal information. We will notify to such users for the fact that their personal information will be destroyed or stored/managed separately, the expiration date, and the particulars of personal information to be destroyed or stored/managed, at least 30 days prior to the expiration of the above designated period.
3) If any information is needed to be kept according to the pertinent legal provisions, it shall be kept during the period specified in the related laws, as below.
The required Period
Ground for retention
|Records of display and advertising
||Article 6 of “Act on the consumer protection in electronic commerce” in the Republic of Korea
|Records of agreement or withdrawal
|Records of payment and goods supply
|Records of deal with complaints
|Records of Computer communication or internet access
||Article 15-2 of “Protection of communications secrets act” in the Republic of Korea
4) If an investigation is in progress due to a violation of related laws, the Company may retain personal information for a certain period of time until the investigation is completed according to the relevant laws.
4. Provision of personal information to third-party
2) We only share the personal information to third party when we obtain user’s consent for such provision after notifying i) the recipient of personal information, ii) the purpose for which the recipient of personal information uses such information, iii) particulars of personal information to be provided, and iv) the period during which the recipient retains and uses personal information, or when the special provisions exit in other laws or regulations.
5. Consignment of personal information processing
6. Rights of the user and the legal representative, how to exercise the rights
Consignment work and purpose
|Powerfront Pte., Ltd.
||Providing the Live Chat service on the website
|The White Communication Co., Ltd.
||Storing the records for CS call and chatting
|LF Logistics Korea Ltd.
|Day 1 Entertainment Co., Ltd
||Operating the game service
|AFI Co., Ltd.
||Storing and managing the game data
|Shine Customs Agency
1) Users may withdraw their prior consent to our collection, use and provide to third party of the personal information, and we will take measure promptly on such requests.
2) Users may view, modify, or request deletion of his or her registered personal information at any time.
3) If the user requests correction of a personal information error, we may not use or provide the user’s personal information until the correction is completed. Moreover, if the incorrect personal information is already provided to a third party, we shall send the corrected information to the third party immediately.
4) Users may contact the manager of personal information protection via mail, phone, or email, we will handle the request immediately after the request clarification procedure.
- department : Sales Strategy Dept.
- contact to : +82 1600 2126 or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Protection of personal information under 14 ages
We do not accept any request for membership of anyone who is younger than 14 years, and we do not collect any personal information under 14 ages.
8. Procedure and method for destroying personal information
In principle, as soon as the purpose for the collection of personal information has been achieved, the applicable information shall be destroyed without delay. The procedures, deadlines, and methods are specified in detail below.
i) Procedure for disposal
Information inputted is transferred to the separate database (separate documents for paper) once the purpose has been achieved. According to the protection of information pursuant to the internal policies and related laws, it shall be stored for a certain period or disposed without delay.
ii) Deadline for disposal
Once the possession period of user’s personal information has been elapsed and if it is no longer in need due to achievement of goal, revocation of certain service, or business closure, etc. then it shall be disposed within 5 days from the last date of possession.
iii) Method of disposal
The personal information in the form of electronic files shall be deleted in a way that it cannot technically be recovered. For those printed on paper shall either be grinded or incinerated.
9. Installation, operation, and rejection of automatic collection of personal information
We run the cookies that are designed to save and find your personal information. Basically, cookies help us remember who you are and other information about your visits which are very small text files that are used to run the website to the user’s computer browser and may be stored on the hard disk of the user’s PC.
i) Purpose of using cookies
It is used to provide optimized information by identifying the types of visits and usage of each service and website as well as popular searches and security access.
ii) Installation, operation, and rejection of cookies
You may refuse to store cookies by setting up the options through Tools>Internet Options>Privacy Menu at the top of your web browser.
iii) Please note that if you refuse to store cookies, you may have difficulty using our customized service.
10. Personal information protection officer
1) We designated the department and administrator in charge to be responsible for the handling of personal information processing and related complaints.
i) Administrator in charge of personal information
- Name: PARK SEJIN
- Position: Head of Sales Strategy Dept.
Tel: +82 1600 2126 / Fax: +82 326 1696 / Email: email@example.com
ii) Person in charge of personal information
- department : Sales Strategy Dept.
- contact to : +82 1600 2126 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2) You may report any inquiry regarding personal information, complaints, and damages remedies, etc. to the administrator in charge of personal information while using the services (or business), then we shall promptly respond to it.
12. Safeguarding your personal information
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided to us. We have put in place technology and security policies which are designed to protect the personal information we hold. We also follow the security procedures that applicable privacy laws require.
i) Regular self-audit conducted
We conduct our own audits regularly (quarterly) to ensure the stability of handling personal information.
ii) Minimization and conduct training of employees handling personal information
Employees who deal with personal information are designated and limited to the person in charge.
iii) Establishment and enforcement of internal management plan
We have established and implemented internal management plan for handling personal information in the most secure way.
iv) Technical measures against hacking
We installed a security program to prevent leakage and damage of personal information from hacking or computer viruses, also we periodically update and check the systems that are being installed and monitored both technically and physically.
v) Encryption of personal information
The personal information of the user is encrypted, stored, and managed which only the user can recognize it. Separate security function is being used, for example encrypting the file and transmit data or using the file lock function for important data.
vi) Keep logs record and prevent forgery
We maintain and manage the records of access through personal information processing system for at least six months and use the security function to prevent forgery, theft or loss of access records.
vii) Restrict access to personal information
We take necessary measures to control access to personal information through granting, modifying, and obliterating the authority to access to the database system that processes personal information. We also control unauthorized access from external by using an intrusion prevention system.
viii) Use locking device for document security
We keep documents with personal information and auxiliary storage media in safe place with lock.
ix) Access control of unauthorized persons
We have set up a separate physical storage area for personal information and operate access control procedures.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
· Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
What kind of information do we collect by using cookies?
· Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
· Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following types of information from you: Your automatic login information when you become a member and the cart ID when placing the order as a guest.
How do you block cookies?
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
(Last updated: May 2019)